Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Valley of the Gods - Utah

Due to the weather forecast for the next couple of days, today would probably be our last site-seeing day. We started the day with a drive through the Valley of the Gods. It is know as a "Mini-Monument Valley". The road was a very nice, graded road (4x4 not needed). There were no more maps at the self-service entrance station, so we were not sure of the formation name...so we named them ourselves. At the end, there was a posted map and we had guessed correctly on a couple of the formation names.


Battleship Rock

Finding a geocache (Castle Butte in the background)

After the above picture was taken, my Canon Powershot S2IS camera "gave up the ghost". The lens would not retract and the camera would shut down with an error code. When we returned to the rig, I tried to fix it. I was able to get the camera to retract the lens, but after a couple of on/off cycles, the camera failed again. I guess I need to look for a new camera?